Through confrontations with the international scene, our students develop their open-mindedness and the qualities that will make them the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. It is in this perspective that we have developed specific international programs.
Open up to the world and shape an international career
In order to lead our students on the road to success, we have established many opportunities to discover the International.
Live a unique experience in the heart of Silicon Valley
Silicon Valley is the story of daring entrepreneurs who decided to create and promote an environment unique in the world.
Open to all students of the school, this initiation and awareness seminar on entrepreneurial culture will lead you to:
- meet Silicon Valley “cult” companies;
- participate in conferences;
- visiting universities;
- experience the excitement of sporting events;
- discover San Francisco.
Equipping yourself with an entrepreneurial culture will lead you to:
- take pleasure in studying boldly;
- dream with lucidity;
- hope with constancy;
- dare with passion;
- risk with courage;
- engage tenaciously.
Whatever your career plan, the spirit and attitude of this program are the core values of ESAM.
Discover the 2019 seminar
The ESAM seminar: a week of discoveries in San Francisco, in the heart of Silicon Valley!
Each year, ESAM offers its volunteer students the opportunity to attend a one-week, immersive seminar in San Francisco, in the heart of Silicon Valley. On the program: business, university and cultural visits with the aim of discovering one of the most influential regions in the world. Through this article, relive day after day, the 4th edition of a week rich in emotions and lessons. ENJOY IT!
Arrival of ESAM students at San Francisco International Airport and first encounter with the Californian sun!
The students were thus able to discover the hotel which will welcome them during their stay, located on Market Street, one of the main arteries of the city in the heart of San Francisco.
During this first day, the students were able to take full advantage of their free time to go about their business: shopping, visiting the city and its surroundings (Golden gate, forest of Muirwoods, …)!
This second day marks the first stage of the Silicon Valley 2019 seminar! ESAM students were able to discover the premises and interact with members of different Californian companies:
- DocuSign, a global company and administrative intermediary between companies (Google, Visa, Uber, etc.).
- Lyft, Uber's biggest competitor in the United States.
- ZipCar, the leading car rental app in the United States.
Memorable encounters and valuable advice for our students, in the construction of their future professional project or simply for their personal enrichment.
For this second stage of the ESAM Silicon Valley 2019 seminar, the students continued to discover the world of Californian business, by walking the streets of the "Financial district", the business district of San Francisco. They were able to visit the premises of:
- AutoDesk: publishing company of creative software and digital content, with 2.5 billion dollars in turnover.
- WeWork: company providing premises and coworking services. Wework is present around the world, in around fifty cities and 16 countries.
To end the day, the Esamians attended a baseball game between the “Oakland Athletics” and the “Cincinatti Reds”. They even had the chance to appear on the stadium screen in front of more than 60,000 people, during a match broadcast on American national television!
The adventure in the California bay continues and the ESAM students are not at the end of their surprises!
- They were able to visit and discuss with the students of school 42, created by Xavier Niel, whose campus is based in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- Discover the magnificent and prestigious Campus of Stanford University, which has more than 80,000 students and which has welcomed, since its creation at the end of the 19th century, some of the most influential personalities on the planet (Sergey Brin and Larry Page, founders of Google or Tiger Woods, golf champion).
- Meet the members of the Innovation Lab, the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi group and learn all about the latest innovations from this automotive giant.
For fun, some of our students were able to attend the NBA game, opposing the Golden State Warriors against the Houston Rockets, in the semi-finals of the Playoffs.
For this new day in the heart of Silicon Valley, Californian academic education is once again in the spotlight. Students traveled to and attended conferences, both within the University of San Francisco and at HULT Business School.
Then, they were able to enjoy an afternoon of free time to continue discovering the city of a thousand hills!
Last day in San Francisco for the Esamiens students, before returning to France.
Today, they had the chance to visit the famous prison of Alcatraz, its places, its history,... Then, the students were able to benefit from an afternoon of free time, in order to survey the streets of the town one last time and stock up on memories…