Bachelor of International Management
The Bachelor in Management, which lasts 3 years consists of an initiation for students in their global corporate comprehension, interculturality and acquisition of professional skills.
The Bachelor in International Management is an initiation into the main functioning of a corporate business over 2 first years, followed by a specialisation in the 3rd year.
1st year: Validated Bac
Parallel admission: Bac+1, Bac+2
Up to 15 months in France or abroad
Up to 18 months abroad
3 modern languages
Back to school dates
During your first 3 years at ESAM you will: discover how a corporate business works, have the possibility to study and work on 5 continents, build your personal project.
A recognized diploma
ESAM’s title “Manager in management and business development” RNCP n°23671, level 6. Application for renewal of registration with the RNCP in progress. Title also accessible by the Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE).
- Discover the main functions of a corporate business and an international perspective
During an intensive period of 4 months, you will have the opportunity to discover the main functions and inner workings of a corporate business, to understand it’s role in the national and international economy.
From the very first year, ESAM teaches you to work in project mode, a necessary skill for those who want to succeed in today’s business world. Over 10 university society projects are offered. Another possibility is to invest in the university sports at ESAM.
- Study sessions in Canada or Ireland (3 to 4 months)
- 2 to 3 months of internships in France or internationally
From your very first year, ESAM offers you a doorway to Canada or Ireland. For 4 months at The University of Sherbrook or 3 months at the International School of Business in Dublin, you will discover the Anglo-Saxon teaching approach and develop your management culture.
This first trip abroad is also an opportunity for you to develop your independence during the organisation of your trip and particularly an opportunity for you to be more open to the world by experiencing other cultures. A unique experience that will change your outlook on the world forever.
Your program will end with a 2- or 3-month long internship to discover or build on your knowledge of the way a certain type of business or service works. These first steps into the corporate world will allow you to begin building your professional project.
2ND YEAR (40% OF CLASSES IN ENGLISH)
- Learn the basics of management and corporate development
In your second year, an intensive 5 month period of classes will allow you to develop your knowledge of how management and corporate development works, all while continuing to perfect your cultural knowledge in the subjects of the economic, political and international environment.
Continuing on from your first year, ESAM encourages you to become fully involved with sporting and cultural society projects.
- 6 months of internships in France or internationally OR
- An academic semester abroad OR
- Student-Entrepreneur Status (PEPITE program)
At ESAM, every year , you are the driving force of your success and your curriculum: during the second semester, you will choose to study abroad or to develop your professional skillset through an internship. In your second year, ESAM allows you to carry out a study semester of 4 or 5 months in a selection of partner universities spread out across the world.
In this way you will continue to develop your international perspective and your discovery of different management cultures.
When it comes to professional immersion, you will take an important step forward with the opportunity to spend 5 or 6 months in an internship in France or internationally. This time you will do more than just observe, you will become an engaged and responsible actor inside a business with the tasks that are entrusted to you.
You also have the option to create your own business under the student-entrepeneur status with the national PEPITE program at ESAM’s own incubatorm the Why Not Factory.
3RD YEAR (75% OF CLASSES IN ENGLISH)
This year will allow you to confirm your choice of professional orientation and to valorise your skills in the eyes of recruiters, especially for those of you who will choose to carry out their studies in alternance (working-study) on the Master of Science, with the option of a pre-specialisation in Financial Expert or Strategic Management.
SEMESTER 1 – INITIAL PROGRAM
- Consolidation of the concepts of management
- Pre-specialisation : Corporate Finance or Strategic Management
In you third year, a 5 month period of classes will give you the possibility to give depth to your understanding of corporate finance or strategic management.
A specialisation which will allow you to definitively validate your choice in the Professional Master.
In your third year, a special focus is brought to the research methodology which will allow you to carry out your first professional thesis.
SEMESTER 2 - INITIAL PROGRAM
- 6 months of internship in France or internationally OR
- Academic semester abroad OR
- Semester in Intercultural Management (SMI) OR
- Student-Entrepreneur Status (PEPITE program)
Internationalisation is a focus in third year. The last semester of the Bachelor in International management will either be carried out in :
- A semester in one of our partner universities : the opportunity for a real cultural and linguistic immersion to develop your independence skills.
- An internship in France or abroad, to enrich your professional skills and a valuable experience in the job market.
- A Semester in Intercultural Management (SMI), from Asia to Canada. From Pekin to Shanghai via Chengu, Hong-Kong, Hanoi then Montreal, your days will consist of switching between teaching in universities, lectures, and professional meetings to create an international network for you.
- Creation of your business under the student-entrepeneur status with the national PEPITE program in ESAM’s own incubator, the Why Not Factory.
THE CAREER PATHS OPENED AFTER THE BACHELORS PROGRAM
The Bachelors’s program leads you to positions in coordination across corporate activites and management. You will occupy positions in “ Middle Management ” :
- Corporate project coordination (general administration)
- Planning and control of corporate commercial activity
- Management of people and corporate communication
A CAREER WHICH OPENS UP INTERNATIONALLY
Internships in France and abroad lasting from 3 to 6 months depending on the year of study will first of all allow you to start to get an idea of what the corporate world is and learn to integrate it.
Secondly, the time spent in the workplace will drive you to gain skills and with time, to refine your professional plan. The professional and intercultural experiences will help you to understand interculturality.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIPS
- 1st year: 3 months (France or internationally)
- 2nd year: 6 months (France or internationally)
- 3rd year: 6 months (France or internationally)
THE INTERNATIONAL STRENGTHS OF THE BACHELORS PROGRAM
The students of the Bachelors in Management benefit from a program which is punctuated with experiences dedicated to honing your international perspective :
- Experience a unique moment in the heart of Silicon Valley: a whole week during which you will have the opportunity to meet cult business, take part in conferences, visit universities, discover San Francisco and experience the excitement of live sports;
- The opportunity to study for 3 or 4 months of your first year at our Dublin campus or at the University of Sherbrook;
- Study semesters in an international university or Intercultural Management Semester (SMI) in Asia or Canada;
- The opportunity to carry out 15 months of internships in France or internationally;
- International management training
- And many other initiatives…
STRENGTHS OF THE PROGRAM
- Possibility to continue your studies in one of the Masters of Science programs at ESAM or the IGS Group
- Up to 16 months internship in a local or international company
- Take part in university sports
- Access to our incubator, the Why Not Factory
Internationally jet off!
ESAM’s goal is to educate managers, entrepeneurs, and actors on an international level capable to take part in and understand the most complex corporate businesses and to ensure their development.
AN ENTREPRENEURIAL ATMOSPHER
At ESAM, you will live the experience of a business! In creating conditions which will stimulate you to express your talent we will help you to unleash your creative powers and meet your potential.
NOT ON PARCOURSUP
Paris and Lyon Students joining the Bachelors programme in first year do not have to make their choice on Parcoursup. ESAM allows their future students to confirm their entry to the first year of the Bachelor’s program from December (exams every two weeks, response from the selection committee in under a week).