Bachelor of Business Finance
Corporate finance is essential, it allows managers to make decisions based on analysis of results and reliable models of profitability.
The Bachelor degree in corporate finance in 3 years is an initiatory course allowing to understand the major challenges of the company and to develop professional skills in finance.
Teaching and professional experience are complemented by activities to develop students soft skills and travelling abroad to broaden their vision of the world and business.
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS FINANCE IN BRIEF
1st year: Bac Validate
Parallel admission: Bac+1, Bac+2
Up to 15 months in France or abroad
Alternation from the 3rd year
Up to 18 months internationally 3 living languages
BACK TO SCHOOL DATES
ESAM's Bachelor of Business Finance is a program allowing students to acquire solid knowledge of how businesses operate and to gradually specialize in finance. At the end of the Bachelor's degree, the graduate will be able to enter the labor market or continue his studies in a Master of Science Financial expert in order to apply for positions of responsibility (financial director, executive manager, etc.).
A recognized diploma
ESAM’s title “Manager in management and business development” RNCP n°23671, level 6. Application for renewal of registration with the RNCP in progress. Title also accessible by the Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE).
THE ESAM CORPORATE FINANCE CURRICULUM
|1st year/2nd year/3rd year||Fourth year/Fifth year||Sixth year|
|MASTER OF SCIENCE||MBA
Control and Compliance Risk (Financial Equity Value)
THE TRAINING PROGRAM
The Bachelor program in corporate finance has been designed by professionals from the world of finance, professors, and a team of teachers so that students can gradually and logically acquire the fundamentals of corporate finance professions.
Each year is organized around three pillars:
- Acquire current knowledge
- Learning in the field during an internship or work-study program
- Open to the international world
1ST YEAR: DISCOVER THE WORLD OF CORPORATE FINANCE
The first year allows you to discover the finance function in a company, its role in advising managers, its technical challenges, and its contemporary issues. Led by professional and academic speakers, the 4-month course is built around a professional pedagogy.
DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS
The 2 to 3 months internship will allow you to immerse yourself in the company, observe in the field what you have learned in class, develop skills alongside professionals and build your professional project.
You will also learn to collaborate and work in project mode by choosing to participate in one of the ten associative projects offered by the school.
DISCOVER THE WORLD
Starting the first year, you will fly to Ireland. During 3 months at the International School of Business in Dublin, you will discover the Anglo-Saxon approach teaching, develop your language skills and essential soft skills such as autonomy, adaptability, sense of organization, etc.
2ND YEAR: DEVELOP SKILLS IN CORPORATE FINANCE
5 months of intensive courses allow you to develop your understanding of finance. You deepen your management skills and discover how to maximize the value of your business by making rational decisions. Your courses in finance are complemented by lessons on the economic, political, social, and international environment that influences business decisions.
DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS AND DISCOVER THE WORLD
In the second semester, it's time to decide and put your professional project into practice. You have the choice of doing an internship, flying away for a semester of studies abroad or setting up your own business.
- Internship in France or abroad: no longer a question of observing, you become an actor in decision-making, you take on responsibilities and develop your network.
- Study abroad: you complete your knowledge of finance and management in one of our partner universities, you develop social and linguistic skills, and you create an international network.
- Undertake: in the second semester you will also be able to make the bold choice and create your own business under the status of student-entrepreneur with the national PEPITE program within the ESAM incubator, the Why Not Factory. You will be accompanied to develop your ideas and make them profitable.
Continuing from the first year, ESAM encourages its young people to take part in one or more associative projects offered by the school.
3RD YEAR: PROFESSIONALIZE IN FINANCE AT SCHOOL
The third year of the initial bachelor’s degree in corporate finance (at school), gives you the opportunity to professionalize yourself in finance and prepare you to join the MSc Financial Expert.
A very special effort is put on the research methodology which should lead you to write your first professional dissertation.
DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS AND DISCOVER THE WORLD
Future corporate financiers are above all decision-makers. In the second semester, it is up to you to choose the most relevant course according to your professional and personal projects.
- 1 semester of study at a partner university: you experience cultural and linguistic immersion and lay the solid foundations for an international career.
- 1 internship in France or abroad: you enrich yourself with concrete professional skills learned in the field and with valuable experience for your CV.
- 1 semester of Intercultural Management (SMI), From Beijing to Shanghai, via Chengdu, Hong-Kong, Hanoi then Montreal, you will take off on a world tour punctuated by university courses, seminars, and professional meetings to create an international network.
- Undertake : create your business and give substance to your ideas under the status of student-entrepreneur supported by the national PEPITE program within the ESAM incubator, the Why Not Factory.
3RD YEAR: PROFESSIONALIZE IN FINANCE IN ALTERNANCE
The third year of the bachelor’s degree in work-study finance allows you to alternate between periods in the company and others at school. This program offers you the opportunity to deepen your knowledge of corporate finance while training alongside seasoned professionals and addressing with them the strategic and operational issues of the company.
You are also accompanied on the research methodology and the preparation of your end-of-cycle professional dissertation.
ESAM's Bachelor's degree in corporate finance is accessible through an apprenticeship contract and a professionalization contract. The business relations department will support you in your various work-study procedures as soon as you are admitted to ESAM.
Year with alternating rhythm
Lyon: 3 to 4 days of lessons every two weeks
THE STRENGTHS OF THE TRAINING
- A training designed and delivered by professionals’ financial departments
- A program combining technical expertise finance, business strategy, use of digital tools and personal development
- One certified title registered with the RNCP at level 6
- Further studies possible to the Financial Expert MSc
- International experiences possible every year
- Participation in ESAM financial association programs (Financial Factory By ESAM)
CORPORATE FINANCE PROFESSIONS
The ESAM Corporate Finance Bachelor allows you to continue your studies in BAC+5 with the MSc Financial Expert program to become an expert in corporate finance.
- Financial and Administrative Manager
- Management control manager
- Merger/Acquisition Advisor
- Statutory auditors
- Budget Controller
- Product Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Financial audit
- Financial Advisor
- Risk Manager
- External auditor
METHODS USED & EVALUATION MODALITIES
- Face-to-face and distance courses
- Business cases and scenarios
- Group work, research activities and company visits
- Collective projects
- Personal development workshops
- Digital workshops
- Progress interviews and coaching sessions
- Online educational resources
- Pedagogical evaluation questionnaire and learner satisfaction questionnaire at the end of the course
The evaluation of the different modules of the Bachelor international management is carried out throughout the year with various modalities depending on the course.
OFF COURSE UP
IN Paris, Lyon, Toulouse, and Rennes
Students entering the 1st year of the Bachelor program do not have to make their choice on Parcoursup. The ESAM allows its future students to concretely validate a registration in the 1st year of bachelor’s degree from December (competition every 15 days, response from the selection committee within a week).
JOIN THE BACHELOR IN CORPORATE FINANCE STARTING IN FEBRUARY!
The staggered start of the ESAM, the Grande Ecole du Management, Finance et du Droit, allows you to reorient yourself from the month of February by integrating the Bachelor Management International Management program at the Paris and Lyon campuses.
Don't waste your year! Join the Bachelor Management International Management program now!